Wednesday, September 17, 2014

{{Book Review}} Rhythmical Rhymes of Biblical Times by Kelly Pulley




Rhythmical Rhymes of Biblical Times 

by Kelly Pulley
Picture Book
David C. Cook

The Magnificent Tales series are fun to read out loud, rhyming Bible stories with amazing art and clear lessons. Parents and grandparents won't cringe when asked to read these stories over for the one-hundredth time. Vibrant illustrations that even today's media-deluged kids will find entertaining.

Rhythmical Rhymes of BiblicalTImes contains a collection of engaging Bible stories that have been written in fun-to-read rhyme and meter with a bit of humor mixed in. These are stories that the whole family will enjoy, so parents and grandparents won't grow tired of reading and re-reading them night after night. The humorous, contemporary illustrations will keep even kids from the Sponge Bob Square Pants generation laughing out loud while they learn important biblical messages. 


*My Review*
When I got the email to sign up to review this book I jumped on it right away. I was even more excited when I got the email saying I would be able to review it! I have 3 daughters, so I knew this would be a great book. Even though the book says it's for 4-8yr olds my oldest who is 10(almost 11!!!) enjoyed the book. My younger two(4 & 3) loved the book & couldn't get enough. We were originally going to read this book at bedtime, but younger girls were so eager to read this that we have already read the book(in 2-3 days).I absolutely love this book. 

Their Favorite stories were the stories of Adam & Eve, Jonah and the Whale & Daniel in the lions' den. I think the whimsy and humor in rhymes that make stories like getting swallowed by a whale less scary and more fun. I don't think I want all Bible stories to be funny as some  can be scary for younger kids and rhyming seems to make it less scary.  This book has done a fantstic job with taking many well known Bible stories and has broken them down for younger kids in an fun and easy to understand way.

"Rhythmical Rhymes of Biblical Times" would make a nice gift or as I said before perfect for bedtime stories. My girls said they really liked this book and they've picked this book several times throughout the day to read & look at the pictures. That's a great book, if you ask me.

My only complaint is that some of the Bible stories were misrepresented, for example the resurrection of Jesus, the story says the guards pretended they were dead, but that isn't right. They fainted. All in all this is a really awesome book, perfect for toddlers and younger children.

{{Meet The Author}}
Born in Indiana, Kelly Pulley has called Middle Tennessee home for the past sixteen years. He began his career as a graphic artist in a leading sportswear screen-printing company in his hometown. He remained in that industry for seventeen years before taking a full-time position illustrating the Beginner's Bible series of books. Currently, he works from home freelance illustrating as well as writing and illustrating children's picture books. When he's not working, he's spending time with his four children or riding his bicycle, enjoying the beautiful Middle TN countryside. 

Learn more about Kelly at: websiteFaceboo

*Disclaimer*
This book was sent to me free of charge for my honest review from the publisher. All Opinions posted here are 100% my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment